Wednesday, October 21, 2015

IT' MARTY DAY!!!!!!

21 October 2015

    I KNOW ITS MARTY DAY!!!!!! That's what the people in my district say today is.

Ok, so I haven't really told you anything about my district. There are 10 of us 6 in one room and 4 in the other. In my room we have Elder Gehring and Elder Foulk. Elder Foulk is the one that I met on the airplane, he is tall, thin and a ginger. His companion Elder Gehring is my height, louder than me, knows more about movies than anyone I've ever met, and is super thin. Me and Elder Turner. Elder Turner is taller and tanner than me. He is a way cool guy, but I think I've talked about him before. Then there are Elders Gardner and Hansen. They are both super athletic. Elder Hansen was on varsity soccer since freshman year and is thin and brunette. He is our current district leader and is always, always always smiling. Elder Gardner was a quarterback and receiver for football and is also a ginger. The 4 in the other room are Elders Palmer  and Fredrickson and Elders Memmott and Gee. Palmer is from Utah and is a huge ham. He is a pretty fun guy to be around, but for a while we didn't know much about him because he and Fredrickson(Freddy) were always off doing there own thing. Freddy is way athletic and is a two time state champ quarterback. he also started all four years for basketball, and plays competitive golf. He is usually pretty quiet and nice, but every now and then he gets pretty mean, but everyone has a bad day every now and then. Elder Gee is super smart and knows just about everything about star wars and a little bit about just about everything else. Elder Memmott is a character. He is always doing ridiculous things and always cracking jokes and telling funny stories. I haven't liked all of them from the beginning and they haven't always like me, but we all get along great now, and I'm really gonna miss these guys when we split. Turner, Memmott and Gee are all going to Vlad though so I'll probably see them when we have to leave the country for our visas.

I don't know if I'm allowed to have Disney songs, so I'll check on that and get back to you. I don't think they sell voice recorders at the bookstore. Thanks for sending me those conference talks they have been really uplifting. Also ya, I never learned how to solve a 4x4 Rubiks cube so I don't think that I am going to take that with me....that is also not a hint for you to give me a normal 3x3 that little devilish looking one that I got today from you will more than suffice. Everyone here loves you and collectively said that when I told them that line from the letter about them being your adopted MTC kids. Everyone really wants to meet you, so after my mission, that is something that we are going to put together, and you're gonna meet all my MTC buddies. So why don't we wait on the mp3 for a little while so I can get more information about what is and isn't allowed so I can give you a more accurate desired playlist. I'll try to see if I can send you pictures today (no pictures), I forgot my camera.....everything had been going really well so there is no reason for you to worry about anything.

In other news, another one of our investigators committed to baptism! Super exciting. My Russian is coming along just fine and everything is coming up roses. We might be doing a musical number in one of the devotionals coming up, and I'll tell you about it if we ever actually do it. Pretty exciting stuff. During gym time I usually play basketball, sometime volleyball. Today though, we played inter-district kickball, and ours dominated. The game that you have heard about is called spike ball. It's kind of like a mix between volleyball and wall ball but instead of a wall its a trampoline, I'm not too familiar with the rules, I have never personally played it, but I have seen it being played. (I had to google it to understand.  Here is a youtube about how it is played  https://youtu.be/jdRKqguEbas )
We have another TRC (Teaching Resource Center) tonight and I'm pretty excited for it. The last one was really good too. Oh! and that Sister who texted you said that our message was "the bomb . com" and that it was exactly what she needed. There are a few native speaking Russians that I have run into, and every time I talk to them all I think is "man I need to study more"!

Love you all pass on my love, oh I met this Tayson Hill or something like that and Chad...Williams???  One was the quarterback for BYU and the other was a receiver for the Eagles and made it to the Superbowl.   They had powerful testimonies and cool stories so it was lots of fun.

Love,

Elder Vincent

TRC (Teaching Resource Center) at the Provo Missionary Training Center is a place for volunteers to come and let the missionaries teach them.  It is an additional opportunity outside of their classroom work to learn how to teach the discussions.

No comments:

Post a Comment