Thursday, November 19, 2015

Time to Leave the Nest!

18 November 2015

Hey so this week was a pretty exciting one.  We got our flight plans on Friday and we are all super excited to get to Russia.  We go through LA to Seoul then to Vladivostok.  We are all looking forward to finally making it to Russia, but its bittersweet, because we are all going to miss each others company.  It's all good though, we set up a group email so we will be able to keep in touch. We heard from Elder Kim B  Clark yesterday. He was the president of BYUI while I was a student there, so it was pretty fun to hear him speak again. He told a story to us that I had heard before, but I didn't remember who told it to me, and I didn't remember all the details, so it was good to hear it again.  We have gone through all of the MTC curriculum for the Russian language, so all that is left to do now is just to get out there and start teaching.  Kim B  Clark told stories about the gift of tongues, and how at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter the words that we say, but the feelings that we put behind our words. We watched an Elder Bednar talk, and he said a lot of the same things that I heard last night.  We took district pictures with our teachers, and that was pretty fun.  We have had a really fun time here at the MTC, but I think its about time to leave the nest and finally get out there and start teaching.  I will remember these days for the rest of my life, and I'm glad I was given the opportunity to be here as long as I was so that I could best learn how to be a missionary.  The next time you hear from me, I'll be in Russia, preaching the gospel.

Elder Vincent

They leave Monday the 23rd of November and arrive in Vladivostok the afternoon of Wednesday 25th of November. 

Staryeshena Vincent, Cectra Gish Staryeshena Turner
The District with Brat Oxbarrow and Cectra Gish
The District goofing off with Brat Oxbarrow & Cectra Gish
The District and the many faces of Brat Oxbarrow






No comments:

Post a Comment