Monday, November 30, 2015

Russia - Week 1

30 November 2015

So it's my first week here in Russia, and it's been a lot to take in.  I was paired with Elder Riggs as my trainer.  He has been in the field longer than any other missionary in Vlad, so he is relied upon a lot by the President.  President Perkinson actually told me that he didn't know why we needed to be paired up together, but for whatever reason it was what the Lord wanted.  He told me that Elder Riggs basically organized a lot for this upcoming mission conference.  He said that my first week would be a pretty weird because Elder Riggs would be needed for a lot of administrative things.

My second day here with Elder Riggs, and he was needed to do some sort of task for several hours, so President Perkinson looked at me and at the other "greenie" (wish I knew who he was talking about!) who was paired with someone else he needed and said, "alright, good you two go out street contacting."  We were out there for like 2 hours not knowing where we were, and how to speak to these people, or what to say.  We had a few good conversations, and learned some Russian society rules haha.  It's been pretty fun.

His (Elder Riggs') Russian is excellent, and he knows the area well. We are serving in Churkin (outside of Vladivostok),


 which is historically a hard place to proselyte.  He actually had just opened the area with his last "greenie" who has been here for one transfer, then, right when he was starting to get a feel for things, he was switched out with me, and Elder Riggs basically had to start all over again.  It's been pretty crazy, and church was a lot to take in, but all in all it has been a good week.  That's about all the time that I have for this week, and next week is going to be weird too, because Elder Riggs will be going to Korea...yup....this is a strange way to train someone, but I was assigned by God to have it done this way, so I know that there is a reason why, and that I will be blessed because of this experience.  I love you all and will write again a week from now.

Love,
Elder Vincent

No pictures this week.  Hopefully next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment